(Wireless-NewsWire.Com, May 08, 2014 ) SAN DIEGO, CA – Technology Services World (TSW) 2014 Best Practices concluded yesterday in Santa Clara, California, having drawn record-breaking attendance from leading players in the technology services industry. The event, hosted by the Technology Services Industry Association (TSIA), focused on the industry’s latest trends, key data points, pioneering innovations, and pivotal topics that will shape the future of technology services.
• B4B Success Tactics: TSIA executive director Thomas Lah delivered an impactful opening keynote, providing an overview of the tactics service organizations are currently employing to navigate significant industry changes as we undeniably move into the business-for-business (B4B) era. The B4B model is discussed in depth in the recently released book, B4B, coauthored by services industry pundits J.B. Wood, Thomas Lah, and Todd Hewlin.
• Scope Expansions of Two Key Tech Services Disciplines: TSIA announced exciting news regarding the expansion of the scope of two of its flagship membership programs — the Support Services (SS) and Service Revenue Generation (SRG) membership offers. The technology services industry is evolving at an unprecedented pace. TSIA is responding to this evolution by expanding the breadth and depth of research and data points available to TSIA members.
• TechFUTURES: The second-annual TechFUTURES showcase took place this week, officially opening up the conference to an enthusiastic audience. Through energized and dynamic TED-style presentations, attendees witnessed a firsthand glimpse into where services technology is headed within the next three to five years. Attendees voted for “Audience Favorite,” an honor that was delivered to the winning organization at the Awards Ceremony.
• Spring 2014 Awards: Attendees convened for one of the biggest highlights of the conference on Wednesday—the 2014 Service Revolutions competition, featuring a series of on-stage demonstrations revealing the latest innovations in technology services. Three pioneering organizations walked away with the coveted TSIA Vision Award for best Commercial, Service Practitioner, and Startup innovations. The Startup category also included a cash prize of $10,000 to the winning organization. Also delivered at the show were awards for the TechFUTURES Audience Favorite, TechBEST Best in Satisfaction, and TechBEST Best in Show. TSIA congratulates all finalist and winning organizations who were honored for their services excellence at the spring TSW Awards Ceremony.
• Women in Services: Women in Services, founded by TSIA members to help women in the services industry advance their careers and leadership skills, enjoyed high attendance at its fundraising networking dinner that benefits Dress for Success San Jose and Dress for Success San Diego charities. The guest speaker was Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, vice president and general manager of learning at Cisco, where she oversees strategic business planning, long-range business opportunities, and the strategy for portfolio investments across Cisco Services. This dynamic event provides a fun and unique atmosphere in which like-minded professionals come together to discuss career and business success.
TSW conferences take place twice a year—once in the spring and once in the fall—and are considered the source of preeminent learning for technology services professionals. Visit www.technologyservicesworld.com for more information.
The Technology Services Industry Association (TSIA) is the world's leading organization dedicated to advancing the business of technology services. Technology services organizations large and small look to TSIA for world-class business frameworks, best practices based on real-world results, detailed performance benchmarking, exceptional peer networking opportunities, and high-profile certification and awards programs. TSIA corporate members represent the world’s top technology companies as well as scores of innovative small and mid-size businesses in four major markets: enterprise IT and telecom, consumer technology, healthcare and healthcare IT, and industrial equipment and technology. TSIA’s editorial blog, Inside Technology Services, is widely recognized by technology service professionals for providing thought leadership and insights into industry trends and best practices. Visit us at www.tsia.com, follow us on Twitter @TSIACommunity, link to us on LinkedIn, Google us, or like us on Facebook and the TSIA Books Facebook page.